Solar panels, bicycles and electric cars, green stormwater management, preserving beaches. Each of these helps make our area more sustainable.
What’s going on in your county? Your city? Maybe even your neighborhood?
Sunrise Over the Bay, sponsored by the LWVSPA Sustainability Action Group, will look at the many ways organizations and individuals are working towards clean energy and clean water–and sustainability.
- Alan Brand, AKA the “Solar Shepherd”
- Mary Dipboye, FL SUN Solar Co-op
- Claude Tankersley, St Pete Public Works
- Holly Greening, Tampa Bay Estuary
- Andy Squires, PC Beach Restoration
- Susan Glickman, Southern Alliance Clean Energy
- Dr. Gary Mitchum, Associate Dean,USF College of Marine Science
Topics will include solar energy co-ops, actions the City and County have taken in support of solar energy, and community solar opportunities. Also, as part of the conversation about climate change, participants will explore stormwater and wastewater planning, integrated sustainability action planning, and beach replenishment,