1310 22nd Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33705 (727) 822-1187 www.operationattack.org
Peggy Junkin & Diane Klamer – Lead Volunteers
Hours: 9:30 am – 12:00 pm (1st, 2nd, 3rd Tuesday each month)
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm (One evening a month)
The 2018-2019 school year will begin on August 13. Operation Attack continues our regular Tuesday morning schedule through the summer months, providing both food and children’s clothing. We hope by continuing the summer schedule that our clients will feel less stress as they prepare for their children’s new school year. We appreciate your help in providing the students in our community the appropriate clothing, new underwear, socks, and a school uniform, if required. During the first half of the year we provided assistance to 263 families, clothed 227 children, provided food bags to 600 people, and paid 4 electric bills.
We wish to extend a big Thank You to our friends at St. Andrew Lutheran Church who had a special collection for layette items in observance of Rachel’s Day. Rachel’s Day is a time set aside to mourn and renounce the forces of violence, based on Jeremiah 31:15-17. We were blessed to receive newborn diapers, wash clothes, towels, wipes, clothing and more. We also want to thank St. Bartholomew Episcopal Church for donating children’s clothing from their thrift store when they discontinued this type of clothing and Westgate Elementary’s First Grade for donating food when they enjoyed a Tree Climb at Pathfinder Outdoor Education, on our campus. A Big Shout Out goes to Rugena, Amber, Madison and Ms. Knobloch, for the hygiene products they donated for an 8th Grade Community Project at Sanderlin IB World School. In addition, blessings came from the Family of Myrna Gemmer when they requested people donate money to OA, in lieu of flowers, when Myrna died in May.
Each one of you, with your regular donations, special food and clothing drives, and volunteering your time, are critical to our being able to serve our neighbors in need.
- We welcome a new volunteer from Maximo Presbyterian (Shelah) who assists with tagging clothing items and miscellaneous other tasks.
- We still need another volunteer to assist with re-stocking our clothing racks, especially at change of seasons, and assisting clients with shopping.
- Also needed: an “on call” volunteer to substitute for our regular volunteers while they are on vacation, or when there is a special need.
School uniform items required by many of our schools.
- Boys slacks/shorts, khaki or navy, size 5 -16
- Girls slacks/shorts/skirts/skorts, khaki or navy, size 5-16, teen 7 & 9
- Polo shirts without logos for both boys and girls, size 5-16, teen S,M,L
- (white, navy, hunter green, maroon, sky blue, red)
- Jackets of all sizes, toddlers through teens, especially light weight jackets.
- We also welcome donations of diapers, newborn through size 5, and travel size hygiene products for seniors we serve from the Neighborly Care Network.
Food and Hygiene Product Needs
We can always use canned fruit, soup, vegetables, meat, pasta, pasta sauce, rice, beans, peanut butter, cereal, oatmeal, and individually wrapped toilet paper and bar soap.
Speakers/Tours available – Please call to schedule.